Wednesday, August 26, 2026

3 STRANGE weeks

 



25 And the rain descended, 

and the floods came, 

and the winds blew, 

and beat upon that house; 

and it fell not: 

for it was founded upon a rock.


It's been quite a while since this born again watchman wrote last.

At least three weeks, in fact.

My country was deluged with storms and low-pressure areas.

As such, power was down.

Internet was nowhere to be found.

Many of us reported the outages, and the phone company did their best to accommodate all of us.

It was only today, after many trips to the phone company, was our internet connection restored.

And even so, its signal fluctuates, so I'd be very happy if this article gets through.

It's really been strange those past three weeks.

Where before -- and since I can remember -- potential storms normally come from the Pacific Ocean.

That means it cuts through the north-northwest areas, our highland city mostly.

Strangely, three storms merely skimmed the eastern coast and exited to the north, usually in the direction of Taiwan.

So I thought, that being the pattern, we'd be spared from other storms.

Not so.


This time, tropical storm "Maymay" originated from the west, and cut across towards the east.

For me, that was the first indication something was wrong.

I don't believe, and I don't remember in all my years, for that to ever have happened.

Worse, she brought tons of destruction.

Floods, landslides, power and internet outages.

But life went on, no matter what.

We all worked, trudging our way through river-like streets, and driveways.

Our plastic boots, umbrellas, taxis, and sturdy jeeps and brave drivers got us through each day.

Most of the time, school was suspended.

Many prayed for the sun to shine, for it has not shone all those three weeks, except for a tiny peek last week.


But today, the sun finally shone.

But not for long, for it was interspersed with occasional rains.

Those storms activate the southwest monsoon.

Imagine being rained upon for a whole month, non-stop.

And not just any rain, but torrential rains, heavy downpours.

Another challenge presented itself, too.

Had to let go of old computer.

Replaced it with cheap, basic, second-hand one.

That's all I really need to work from -- something I could write with.

Nothing fancy for this workman.

Thing is, the "new" computer presented new challenges, too.

It's totally unlike others I've used in the past.

But this will do for now.

Important thing is I get this post to you.

And that you know GOD's WORD remains.

That I'm on it, and never stopped.


Rains are temporary.

No one is exempt from it.


45 That ye may be the children of your Father 

which is in heaven: 

for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil 

and on the good, 

and sendeth rain 

on the just 

and on the unjust.


Through all these temporary setbacks, the HOLY SPIRIT led me to seven books to read, as the internet connection was down.

I'm on my fourth book now.

Amazingly, six out of seven were written by GOD-fearing pastors and writers.

Astoundingly, they talk mostly about America, and her sins.

Again, this watchman is presented with America.

And so it is.

Soon as I'm done, I will share with you what these authors wrote about.

For now, please bear with me, as I get used to new arrangements out here.

Thank GOD for His mercy.

We now have wifi.

And I can now write.

And the rains have abated.

May all be safe out here.

And everywhere else in the world.

In JESUS' Name.

Amen.


Image:

https://clipart-library.com/clipart/storms-cliparts-9.htm


3 STRANGE weeks

                          Matthew 7:25 King James Version 25  And the rain descended,  and the floods came,  and the winds blew,  and beat u...